• What information do we collect about you;
• Our lawful basis for processing your personal data and how we will use the information about you;
• Who we share your personal data with;
• Access to your information and correction;
• Keeping your personal data secure;
• Transferring your personal data outside of the EEA;
• How to contact us.
What information do we collect about you
• Your name and contact details
• ID and other information necessary in order to conduct due diligence upon you
• Personal and financial information required to progress your instruction
• Special categories of data (sensitive information, for example, medical records) where relevant to your matter.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data and how we will use the information about you
You have requested that this firm provide you with legal advice and/or representation. To provide you with this service, you will need to enter into a contract with this firm. Therefore, in order to perform under the contract that we enter into with you, it is essential that we collect, process and store personal information about you.
We also have legal and professional regulatory obligations to process certain information in order to verify the identity of our clients and potential clients and to carry out enquiries or investigations required by regulatory bodies.
For our legitimate interests, i.e. to be as efficient as we can so as to ensure the delivery of the best service, to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, or to promote the delivery of our services, we may use your data to perform tasks such as;
• External audits or quality checks;
• Marketing our services to current or former clients, or to third parties who have expressed an interest in our business; or
• Upholding and developing working practices, staff administration and assessments to help us manage our practice and staff efficiency.
For special categories of data, we are permitted to process your data for the purposes of providing legal advice. We will not therefore seek your express consent to process this category of data.
We may use your personal data to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about legal developments that might be of interest to you and/or information about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new services or products.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for promotional purposes. This means we do not need your consent to send you promotional communications.
We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
• contacting us by telephone – 01443 238411 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
Who we share your personal data with
We routinely share personal data with:
• professional advisers who we instruct on your behalf or refer you to, eg barristers, medical professionals, accountants, tax advisors or other experts;
• other third parties where necessary to carry out your instructions, eg your mortgage provider or HM Land Registry in the case of a property transaction or Companies House;
• our insurers and brokers;
• external auditors, eg in relation to regulatory accreditation and the audit of our accounts;
• our bank.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right, free of charge to:
• Access your personal data (known as a subject access request)
• Have mistakes in relation to your data rectified
• Have your personal data erased by us or restrict the way we process your personal data in limited circumstances eg. If you contest the accuracy of the data;
• ‘Port’ your personal data to another provider
• Object to us using your personal data for direct marketing
• Not be subject to ‘automated processing’ (often referred to as ‘profiling’).
You simply need to contact us to exercise any of your rights. Please see below for details of how to contact us.
For more information on your legal rights see the Information Commissioner’s website www.ico.org.uk
Keeping your personal data secure
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. Your data will be stored at our offices and on our IT equipment, or where your information is shared with a third party, at their premises or on their IT equipment.
Transferring your personal data outside of the EEA
Since we do not have offices outside England & Wales, we have no reason to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area unless you or a third party with whom we must share your personal data are based outside the EEA.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
• By email on email@example.com
• Or write to us at Full Stop Law, 37a Cowbridge Road, Pontyclun CF72 9EB